One of the most significant keys to success with an online business is getting website traffic. The more visitors you can get to your site, the better your sales and and profits. So far, we have built our site to match a particular niche. Now, we want to bring visitors in with our keywords. In order to make this happen, you want to conduct regular keyword research so that you stay on top of popular topics.
Here are 3 easy tips to get website traffic fast!
Tip #1 Tagging your keywords
If you have spent a lot of time optimizing your site but have neglected to tag your keywords, then you really need to go back and clean up your site. Search engines look at the tags of a site and if they don't see any they will pass right over the pages.
Here is a list of tags:
* Title tags. We know that we spent a lot of time finding keywords to write our title. Your title is where you want the most important or primary keyword or phrase. This is what your title tag should look like - <title>Primary keyword phrase here. </title> - Title tags are the most important tag of all.
* Header Tags. Header tags are the next important tag to the search engine. They are used to denote different sections on the page. Here is what a header tag looks like - <h1>Primary and/or Secondary keywords here</h1> - You use the <H1> tag to place the name of your page at the top of your page. Usually we use <H3> and <H4> to break of sections of the page as we write our content.
The “1” designates this header as the most important header on the page.
* Meta Tags. Meta tags are used to place a description of your site on the search results. It tells the browser information about your particular page. The description should be short and sweet. The description tag can be left empty. If the search engine finds it empty, it will fill the description in.
<meta name="description" content="Awesome Description Here">
* Alt Tags. Alt tags are used to give a brief description of a graphic on your site. Make sure that when you place graphics on your site you fill in the alt tag and description. This helps the search engine know what the graphics are for.
Tip #2 Update your site with new content daily
In the internet marketing world, you will here "Content is King!" a lot. Content is one of the most important steps to owning a website. Search engines use content to look for an index. Your content should be keyword rich. New content will give your visitors and search engine spiders a good reason to come and visit your site regular. It will also allow for the search engine to index and rank your site regularly. Set a goal for yourself to provide good optimized content every day. By doing this, you will be able to watch your traffic soar!
Tip #3 Linking
Linking is not as important to the success of your website as it used to be. However, if done correctly, linking does help bring traffic to your doorstep. Your goal is to get leverage from having your links from sites that are popular and credible. Also, you want links that are on sites that are relevant to your website topic. Search engines will give more leverage to these type of links.
Here is a list of the different types of links.
- A direct link – A direct link is a link that is straight to your main page. It is just your domain name: www.yourwebsite.com
- A text link – is a link that you add that is embedded within your content. You write some text and want to add a link to a portion of that text. For example: an affiliate link could be a text link. The visitor simply clicks on the text and then they are redirected to another site.
- A deep link – a deep link is one that you have placed within your website that links to another page within your website. A deep link is also a link to a page within a website that is not the home page. For example: you link to a particular article within someones website.
Ways to encourage linking to your website:
* Add daily content
* Submit articles to article directories
* Publish a press release
* Social Networking
* Following other peoples blog and leaving comments
When setting up your site, you want to create a traffic and SEO strategy. Be sure to outline your plan and set your goals. Take action! Use these 3 easy tips to get website traffic fast!